BELPER TOWN COUNCIL
AGENDA FOR THE MEETING OF 6th DECEMBER 2005
- A short period of time will be made available for members of the public to raise any Town Council issues for comment or discussion.
- Police Matters. A representative of Belper Police will hopefully be in attendance to report on issues affecting Belper.
- Short presentation by Mr Gary Spendlove of Belper Cricket Club in support of the Council grant the Club currently receives.
PART 1 - NON EXEMPT (NON CONFIDENTIAL) INFORMATION
- Apologies for absence. (Reasons for apologies should be given.)
- Change in order of business.
- Declarations of interest.
- To determine if any items should be taken with the public excluded. If it is deemed appropriate to exempt the public from any item, the following resolution will be passed:
"That in accordance with Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest that the public and press be excluded from the meeting and they be instructed to withdraw."
- To receive and approve Minutes 384-413 of the Council Meeting held on 8 November 2005. (Attached)
- Christmas Committee
- To note Minutes 120-129 of a Meeting of the Christmas Committee held 17 November 2005 and consider the recommendations contained therein. (Attached)
- To consider the proposed installation of wiring for lighting socket outlets in the Memorial Gardens at an estimated cost of £3,500.
- To note the stewarding requirements of all the Christmas activities.
- Mayor's announcements.
- Planning Applications:
- To consider any planning applications circulated prior to the meeting.
- To consider the planning applications on any schedule circulated at the meeting.
- To note and agree income and expenditure for the period October 2005. A schedule is attached showing income of £6,189.23 and expenditure of £22,977.96.
- To consider proposals for Broadband. Councillor Les Dorey will report.
- To note the requirement to remove the Council's deeds etc from safe custody at the Co-operative Bank. Letter from the Co-operative Bank and details of costs for safe-keeping at HSBC attached for consideration.
- To note the External Auditor's approval of the Annual Return, attached.
- Derbyshire County Council Matters:
- To note the attached letter from DCC regarding the proposed road safety improvement at the A6/Broadholme Lane junction.
- To note the attached questionnaire from the Derbyshire Partnership in respect of proposals for the new Derbyshire Community Strategy.
- To note the attached letter from Councillor Bob Janes regarding the proposed Cultural Centre in Belper
- To receive reports from Council Representatives on Outside Bodies:
- Belper Leisure Centre Trust
- To consider proposals for the future annual events:
- Wakes Day
- Larks in the Parks
- To consider a request to designate the Festival Gardens in Belper for the purposes of regulating alcohol consumption in the open under the Criminal Justice and Police Act 2001. Letter from Amber Valley Borough Council attached.
- Beaurepaire Garden
- The Clerk will report on any progress re the lease on the land.
- To note the attached letter from DCC re overhanging vegetation.
- To consider a request for a grit bin at St Elizabeth's Primary School as letter attached.
- Items for Information: To note and discuss as required the items detailed on the attached schedule.
- To consider the attached proposal from Derbyshire County Council regarding the prohibition of motor vehicles at Longwalls Lane, Blackbrook.
- To approve the absence of Councillor Mark Robertson at Council meetings as report attached.
- To note the minutes of the Staff Working Party held 30 November 2005 and consider the recommendations contained therein, specifically:
- To approve the permanent appointment of Mrs Vanessa Butler as Caretaker/Cleaner after a satisfactory period of probation.
- To adopt the attached protocol agreement concerning staff use of the internet.
- To consider the recommendations for provision of additional outdoor assistance in the Spring and Summer.
- To upgrade the Clerk's salary to SCP 47 with effect from 1 November 2005 in respect of her success in the CiLCA examination.