BELPER TOWN COUNCIL
AGENDA FOR THE MEETING OF 10th JANUARY 2006
- A short period of time will be made available for members of the public to raise any Town Council issues for comment or discussion.
- Police Matters. A representative of Belper Police will be in attendance to report on issues affecting Belper.
PART 1 - NON EXEMPT (NON CONFIDENTIAL) INFORMATION
- Apologies for absence. (Reasons for apologies should be given.)
- Change in order of business.
- Declarations of interest.
- To determine if any items should be taken with the public excluded.
If it is deemed appropriate to exempt the public from any item, the following resolution will be passed:
"That in accordance with Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest that the public and press be excluded from the meeting and they be instructed to withdraw."
- To receive and approve Minutes 414-435 of the Council Meeting held on 6 December 2005. (Attached)
- Mayor's announcements.
8 Planning Applications:
- To note and agree income and expenditure for the period November 2005. A schedule is attached showing income of £6118.32 and expenditure of £16974.31 (inc VAT).
- To consider and agree the Budget for 2006/7. (Attached)
- To consider the planning applications on the schedule dated 21 December 2005.
- To consider the planning applications on any schedule circulated at the meeting.
- To consider attendance on the following DALC training courses:
- Chairmanship - Circular 38 attached
- Clerk and Councillor - Circular 39 attached
- The Quality Trail - details attached
- To receive reports from Council Representatives on Outside Bodies:
- Friends of Belper Parks
To consider the proposal regarding maintenance of the verges of the Coppice Car Park (attached)
- Belper Forward - Councillor Les Dorey
- To consider proposals for the future annual events:
- Wakes Day
Confirmation of support requested by the Sports Development Outreach Team at AVBC
- Larks in the Parks - Councillor Les Dorey
- Beaurepaire Garden
To consider the attached response from the legal section of AVBC in respect of the leases on the land.
- Belper Memorial Gardens
To agree a schedule of works to bring the gardens to the standard required for entry into East Midlands in Bloom and give consideration to the legal advice received concerning the boundary walls.
- To consider the attached quotation in respect of the purchase of a portable disabled access ramp into St John's Chapel.
Quote from Belper Care and Mobility Centre Ltd attached.
- To consider a request from Belper Historical Society and the World Heritage Site Organisation that the Town Council call a public meeting to discuss arrangements for the celebration of the Centenary of the River Gardens.
- To consider a request from Fleet Arts to use one of the Council's free sessions at Belper Leisure Centre in January 2006.
- To note the information provided by Belper and Milford Townscape Heritage Initiative to residents of the Clusters area regarding the restoration of the road surfaces.
- To comment on the proposals in respect of the NHS Primary Care Trust restructuring. (Details attached)
- To consider a request for the siting of a litter and grit bin on the channel from Church Walk on Green Lane to Chesterfield Road. (Letter attached from Miss Brinkworth)
- To consider a request for two bus shelters at the top of Pincham's Hill/Sandbed Lane - Route 71. (Letter and petition attached from Mr J Kenward)
- Items for Information: To note and discuss as required the items detailed on the attached schedule.