BELPER TOWN COUNCIL
AGENDA FOR THE MEETING OF 14th FEBRUARY 2006
- A short period of time will be made available for members of the public to raise any Town Council issues for comment or discussion.
- Police Matters. A representative of Belper Police will be in attendance to report on issues affecting Belper.
- Ms Sarah Layman of Fleet Arts will give a short presentation to Members on the way the Council's grant funding has been utilised during the year and will give details of the proposed future programme. Supporting papers attached.
PART 1 - NON EXEMPT (NON CONFIDENTIAL) INFORMATION
- Apologies for absence. (Reasons for apologies should be given.)
- Change in order of business.
- Declarations of interest.
- To determine if any items should be taken with the public excluded. If it is deemed appropriate to exempt the public from any item, the following resolution will be passed:
"That in accordance with Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, in view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest that the public and press be excluded from the meeting and they be instructed to withdraw."
- To receive and approve Minutes 436-457 of the Council Meeting held on 10 January 2006.
- Mayor's announcements.
- To note and agree income and expenditure for the period December 2005. A schedule is attached showing income of £446.52 and expenditure of £13,294.22.
- To note and agree expenditure of £565 on bus shelter repairs at John O'Gaunts Way as per attached e-mail.
- To discuss the upgrading of the Mayoral chain by the addition of 15 links made of gold plated sterling silver at a cost of approximately £1000. E-mail attached from Thomas Fattorini Ltd for information.
- Grant Request - 231 - Milford and Makeney Well Dressing Group
To consider the attached grant request for £300.
- Grant Request - 232 - Belper Town Football Club
To consider the attached grant request from requesting funding in respect of the forthcoming Internal Friendly Football Match.
- Planning Applications:
- To consider the planning applications on the schedules dated 20 and 26 January 2006 (already circulated) and 3 February attached.
- To consider the planning applications on any schedule circulated prior to the meeting.
- To receive reports from Council Representatives on Outside Bodies:
- Belper Leisure Centre Trust -
To consider the Council's representation on this body. Councillor Mick Potter will report.
- Wakes Day
To note the arrangements discussed at a meeting on 17 January 2006. Notes of the meeting are attached.
- To note the attached letter from the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister concerning the Code of Conduct, giving details of proposed principal changes to current arrangements. The Discussion Paper is available for viewing in the Council Office.
- Hunter Road Allotments: to note the attached correspondence and latest Minutes of the Association.
- To note the letter from Belper and Milford Townscape Heritage Initiative concerning the Masterplan for Belper Market Place.
- To note the attached letter from Derbyshire Constabulary concerning Safer Neighbourhoods Teams. Questions and answers raised at the November Parish Council's Evening attached for information.
- To agree a request from Belper Meadows Sports Club to hold car boot sales on Sundays: 30 April, 4 June, 9 July, 13 August and 24 September 2006.
- To note and make comments as appropriate on the attached Statement of Licensing Policy from Amber Valley Borough Council.
- To note the attached letter from Amber Valley Borough Council in respect of the government's "Youth Matters" proposals.
- To discuss the feasibility of relocating the Council Offices.
- Items for Information: To note and discuss as required the items detailed on the attached schedule.